Friday, April 8, 2016

Spring to Newness of Life

We tend to appreciate more what we long for but don’t have.

We appreciate more what we have lost or almost lost, when it is restored back to us.

We appreciate light when it is restored after a period of darkness. Our hearts are elated when we go through a dark tunnel and come out into light

We appreciate life when we come face to face with the stack reality of its brevity

We appreciate the warmth of the spring after the harsh cold winter.

When we peel off the layers of woolen clothing and step out into the radiant beams of sunshine warming our faces, the gentle breeze caressing our exposed skin and the extra light of longer days, we appreciate the arrival of a new season and its promise of a new beginning—new possibilities.

Spring is certainly on us. The seeds buried in the darkness under the soil are springing forth into light. Luscious green leaves are beginning to cover the once grey and twiggy trees.


I love April for these reasons and many more. It is also an unmissable reminder that one quarter of the year has flown past.

During an ice-breaker session in a conference, I was asked which is my favorite month of the year and why?

“April and October.” My answer was spontaneous.

Why?
I got married to the most admirable heaven-sent gift of a man on April 23rd, 1992.

Someone gave me one of the most precious gifts I have ever received in my life in April 2013, which gave me the opportunity of a second chance in life.

It was in April that I went to the darkest and scariest places of my life. I went into the deep pit but God delivered my soul from the place of death and brought me back to the place of light and life.

April will remain a constant reminder of the two who died for me; my Lord and Saviour who gave His life for me on the cross, and my unknown benefactor who gave me the precious gift of lungs, which God is using to keep alive—living full and vibrant life.


To whom much is given, much is required. I have been give much. So the month of April is also a reminder of my commitment to give back. It is a solemn celebration of life.

Read on Spring to Newness of Life at the Feet of Grace Foundation Website.

We are getting set for the Second Annual Feet of Grace Charity Walk tagged Hit The Street For Their Feet 2016. See flyer below. 
For more information, please visit the Feet of Grace Foundation Website.
Walk with us or support us to walk. Together, we can make the dreams of six amputees come true in 2016.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and comments. I appreciate you. God bless you.