Thursday, August 30, 2012

Cartwheels Of Joy

A cartwheel of joy

An overflow of hope

Walking and leaping
            Praising God

Waving and swaying
            Glorifying God

Twisting and Turning
            Adoring God

Dancing and Pirouetting
            Magnifying God

I employed the graceful routine of a rhythmic gymnast
Added the intricate moves of a figure skater
I called my soul to action
It is time to put praise in motion

My soul lifted me out of my bed in a swift
Spun me around the floor like a top
In unison, we spiraled and jumped
Lifted high the praise of our King
In melodious harmony
This is praise in motion.

Assured God has a plan for me
It is for peace and joy.

This is not a dream
I am fully awake
I laid back on my bed
Just for this moment

Arise, daughter of Zion
Behold it is the dawn of a new day
And my strength springs for speedily.

Hannah is my shining example. She took it to the Lord in prayer (1Sam 1:10-19). In the bitterness and great distress of her soul , she prayed and poured out her heart before the Lord.

"...Look upon the affliction of Your handmaiden ..." she cried.

She continued praying out of great complaint and bitter provocation. When she heard the words of encouragement from Eli, her heart was at peace because she was assured that the God she prayed to heard her prayers.

She left it with the Lord. She trusted that the Lord heard her

Evidence: her countenance was lifted up and she was no longer sad or downcast.


Trust in Him at all times, O people;
pour out your hearts to him,
for God is our refuge - Ps 62:8

She was filled with joy and peace because she trusted in the Lord. The God of her hope filled her with joy and peace as she trusted in Him.

“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” – Romans 15:13

Our great God is the God of hope. He fills us with joy and peace out of His limitless stores until we overflow with hope by the power of His Holy Spirit when we trust in Him. This verse jumped out of the page and latched itself to my heart a couple of weeks ago and has stayed there ever since.

God is the source and the giver of hope. We are filled with continual peace and joy because we trust in Him which brings abundant and overflowing hope!

Overflowing with hope! YAY!

Bubbling over.
Abounding.
Boiling over
It is visible
It touches others
It can not be hidden

The resultant effect:

It is the cartwheel of joy
It is praise in motion.

The peace and joy we receive from God is contingent on our trust in Him. God holds my heart in perfect peace trusting in Him, come what may, even when the billows rage. I have a guarantee. I have an assurance. I have a hope that will not disappoint me. I trust God to act on my behalf. The power of the Holy Spirit is at work in me to cause me to overflow with hope.

A copious and superabundant flow of hope from within me to the extent that like a cascade of water in a fountain, it spurts and splashes on everyone who comes near me.

The crippled beggar at the gate called Beautiful taught me how to put praise in motion. He received perfect soundness in his body at the name of Jesus Christ. He walked and leaped into the temple praising God.

Yippee!
See my praise in motion.
Watch me do my cartwheels of joy.
I am alive with hope!

What about you? Do you trust the Lord to take care of that challenging situation? Then like Hannah did, leave it with the Lord. As you trust in Him, you will experience the peace and joy, He only can give and the overflow of hope His Holy Spirit will work out in you. How would you put your praise in motion?

Share your story and encourage someone today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and comments. I appreciate you. God bless you.