Sunday, December 30, 2012

Standing in the Place of Prayers For 1972 Babies_December

In May this year, I had a burden in my heart to stand in the place of prayer for members of my family and friends born in 1972 during this 40th  year of their lives. I asked all my friends to share names of those they know born in that year and also to join me in the place of prayer.

Many of you responded and for the past seven months we have interceded on behalf of the 25 persons listed below. I am so grateful to all of you who responded to the call and have been praying for them.

There are many ways to love our neighbours, but intercessory prayer—praying on behalf of other people—has to be one of the most powerful.

The fervent prayers of the righteous man has great power in its effects (James 5:16). I am persuaded that our prayers have risen up to God Whose ears are ever opened to our cry. I believe that the seeds we have sown in the lives of these our friends through prayers will bring forth bountiful harvest in years to come. Because prayers always produce wonderful results. It is an effective weapon of spiritual warfare.

It is with this conviction that I call you, my dear friends, to join me in prayers on Monday, December 31st. This will be the last public call for prayer as 2012 comes to an end. Those who are much in praying, are also much in thanksgiving. Let us join together to give thanks and praise to God for the many answers we have received already, and with thanksgiving, let us make our supplications known to God.

Let us ask for the help of the Holy Spirit to enable us pray for them in accordance to His will. Pray in the spirit and in understanding:
- that there will be a performance of every prophetic word spoken concerning each of these precious children of God
- that God will be their ever present help in time of need.
- that God will give them wisdom and insight in the knowledge of His will (Eph 1:17)
- that the purpose and counsel of God will be fulfilled in their lives



I encourage you to continue to remember them in your prayers in the New Year. I will share with you news and testimonies of answered prayers as I receive them.

May the Lord richly water you and meet you at your point of need as you have taken time to stand in the gap for others.

I wish you a Happy New Year filled with daily displays of God's unending love for you.

For background information, please read the following blog post:
- The Year I Stopped Playing With Dolls - May 23rd, 2012
- Standing in the Place of Prayer for 1972 Babies - May 31st, 2012

The 1972 Babies:

January
  • Temitope      
February
  • Dotun
  • Subomi
  • Kemi
  • Bola
  • Dayo
March
  • Folabi
  • Evelyn
April
  • Yemisi
May
  • Gbenga
  • Bola
  • Sarah
  • Tokunbo
  • Mary
  • Funmi
  • Simon
June
  • Grace
  • Au Huen
July

August

September
  • Taiwo and Kehinde
  • Kayode
  • Rosemary
October
  • Femi
  • Modupe
November
  • Ehi
  • Erik
December


UPDATES
March 2013:
We continue to receive praise reports of God's awesome work in the lives of those we have been praying for. Thanks be to God for making a way in what was deemed to be difficult for one of our friends listed above to commence her residency in a very competitive program. Another was kept safe by the Hands of God through a period of serious illness. Praise be to God for their lives. God surely hears and harkens to our cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and comments. I appreciate you. God bless you.